Why Go To Women's Issues?
New Heart Healing and Recovery Women's Issues
is a valuable Christ-centered group of women
seeking Biblical Truth about themselves, others and God.
Too many times children are brought up believing they are worthless, useless, throw-aways. Physical, verbal, and sexual abuse play a huge role in forming self-concepts and belief systems. Both childhood and adult experiences come together in a mix to form who we are and how we react to each other and to God.
Today, women must deal with all sorts of fears, past traumas, self-esteem issues, and just general "baggage." Some of that baggage comes from verbal abuse:
- "You'll never amount to anything!"
- "You're ugly!"
- "I wish you were never born!"
With media constantly reminding us how imperfect we are, and with lies coming at us in the form of old tape recordings from the past, and with the memories of the pain and betrayal of childhood physical or sexual abuse, how can we function?
Many turn to drugs or alcohol in order to both medicate the pain and to cover over the memories. Some find themselves looking for love in all the wrong places--moving from one romantic relationship to another. Many others fall into the trap of isolating, friendless, believing they have nothing to offer another human being. Self-abuse is another symptom of the pain. Depression, isolation, distrust, fear, shame, and anger serve only to either send us hopelessly down the wrong life-path or paralyze us from the process. We need healing!
What Can We Do?
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly," says Jesus, in John 10:10.
One of the best things we can do is the opposite of what the "thief" would want us to do. Depression, isolation, distrust, fear, shame, anger, and countless other issues can be overcome and/or understood. For example:
- Instead of isolating, reach out to safe people.
- Instead of trying to obliterate the memories, face them.
- Instead of believing the old tapes, re-record some new ones.
How Do We Do That?
Feel free to email email@example.com with any questions about the group.
"Build up, build up, prepare the road! Remove the obstacles out of the way of my people" (Isaiah 57:14).
To seek the Truth we will:
- Learn to recognize, identify, and put aside false belief systems.
- Encourage each other to allow God to shed Light on the pain in our hearts that we have such a tough shield protecting.
- Stand by each other in Word and Prayer when it is time to let the Lord heal the wounded places in our lives.