Sick and tired?
- Sick and tired of being sick and tired?
- One day at a time.
- One is too many, a thousand is not enough.
- Work the program.
- Don't drink, don't think and go to meetings.
- Keep it simple.
- You can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk?
- Once an alcoholic always an alcoholic.
- I've been sober and I've been drunk. Sober's better so I think I'll stay sober.
You've probably heard all the cliches, catch phrases, and taglines from all the programs promising total recovery from addictions. Or maybe you are thinking "why bother--I don't have a problem." You might be discouraged from white-knuckling it for too long and about ready to give up.
There is hope!
New Heart Healing and Recovery has more to offer than cliches. God offers something special for every person who puts their hope in Him. He promises to give you a "new heart with new and right desires" (Ezekiel 36:26). Seriously.
The Drugs & Alcohol group offers Christ-centered, Bible-based accountability, tools, and support for your lasting recovery. Do you want more than just "clean and sober?" What about a new heart? What about a new life? What about restored relationships?
We can't promise the moon, but we can promise that if you are following Christ, your life will change. It says so in the Bible.Those of us who are part of New Heart Ministries would consider it a great privilege to show you the way to a "new heart." Yeah, a new heart.
How to follow Christ
First you need to admit that you are powerless. Sound familiar? More than that, you need to acknowledge that Jesus Christ is THE HIGHER POWER.
The following shows you how to accept Jesus as your personal Savior--acknowledging Him as your HIGHER POWER.
Roman Road: The Gospel of Grace
1. We must acknowledge God as the Creator of everything and accept our humble position in God's creation.
Romans 1:20-21: "For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened."
2. We must all realize that we are sinners and that we need forgiveness. We are not worthy of God’s grace.
Romans 3:23 “For all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God.”
3. Through Jesus, God gave us a way to be saved from our sins. God showed us His love by giving us the potential for life through the death of His Son, Jesus Christ.
Romans 5:8 “But God demonstrates His love toward us, in that, while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
4. If we remain sinners, we will die. However, if we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior, and repent of our sins, we will have eternal life.
Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
5. Just confess that Jesus Christ is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead and you will be saved!
Romans 10:9-10 “That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
6. There are no religious formulas or rituals—Call upon the name of the Lord and you will be saved!
Romans 10:13 “For whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.”
7. Determine in your heart to make Jesus Christ the Lord of your life today.
Romans 11:36: "For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen."
8. If you truly believe the message of the Roman Road, and want to accept God’s gift of salvation right now, it’s matter of repenting of your sins and turning the rest of your life over to Jesus Christ. Again, this is not a ritual based on any specific words or prayers, but rather, a willful decision and a sincere step of faith
Roman Road: Are You Ready to Accept God’s Gift of Salvation?
“Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.”